The genius of the Mahara eLearning platform is its ability to connect and encourage learners of all ages and from all walks of life.
As an official Mahara Partner we have years of experience performing advanced Mahara Services such as customizations, plugins, theme design and hosting for customers as diverse as independent training institutes, schools and universities, or multi-national corporations.
Paradiso Solutions Mahara Services:
Want to test drive Mahara ePortfolio?
- Mahoodle & Mahara Installation
- Mahara Integration with Moodle LMS
- Proessional Mahara Theme Design
- Mahara Upgrade to 1.4 & 1.5
- Mahara Development, Modifications, & Plugins
- Mahara Training & Support
- Mahara Hosting Services
- Mahara Consultancy
Click the green live chat button on the bottom right of this site and we'll guide you through our Mahara Demo
Mahara ePortfolio Features
Mahara is a revolutionary education platform that combines popular tech trends of the last decade like social networking, blogging, and having your own ePortfolio profile to give users the ability to show off what they´ve learned in an exciting and intractive elearning environment.
This is made possible by the unique Mahara ePortfolio system that gives the user control and ownership of their ePortfolios by creating fully customisable Views (ePortfolios that are viewable by others on the Mahara social network) and Artefacts (information displayed on the view) which encourages them to take pride in what they learn and show it off.
You can have as many Views as you like, each with a different collection of Artefacts, and intended purpose or audience. Your audience, or the people you wish to give access to your View, can be added as individuals, members of a groups, or the community.
Views & Artefacts in Mahara ePortfolio
- ePortfolio owners can receive public or private feedback on their View and Artefacts.
- Users accessing a View can report any objectionable material directly to the Site Administrator.
- Users can add Views and Artefacts to their Watchlist and receive automated notifications of any changes.
- ePortfolio owners can Submit a View for Assessment by a tutor or teacher allowing for a snapshot of the View and associated Artefacts on a certain date.
Mahara Social Networking
The Mahara eLearning platform takes the interactive learning environment to the next level by motivating learners to read and reflect on the work of their peers.
- The social networking system connects users to create online communities
- Users have complete control over who sees what they share over the social network
- The interactivity of social networks greatly enhances the learning process
In addition to social networking a comprehensive blogging tool is provided in Mahara where blogs and blog posts are considered Artefacts and may be added and shard via the View.
- Create blog posts using a WYSIWYG editor
- Attach files to posts and embed images
- Create draft postings for later publishing and configure settings for comments
Mahara Resume Builder
Mahara includes a resume builder which allows users to create digital CV's by entering information into a variety of optional fields including:
- Contact and personal information
- Employment and education history
- Certifications, accreditations and awards
- Books and publications, professional memberships
- Personal, academic, work skills and career goals
Mahara Profile Information
Within Mahara users are able to share details through a variety of optional profile information fields including:
- Student ID, Postal address and contact phone numbers
- Skype, MSN, Yahoo & Jabber name
- Introduction and Profile Icons images
Mahara File Repository
Mahara includes a file repository which allows users to:
- Create folder and sub folders structures
- Upload multiple files quickly and efficiently
- Give each file a Name and Description
- Manage their file allocation Quota
- When uploading a file users must agree to a configurable Copyright disclaimer.
- Can extract .zip, .tar.gz and .tar.bz2 from within the files area
Mahara Technical Specifications
Mahara is not only stable and secure but can also automatically detect system settings that a pose security threats addition to:
- Session key handling code has been tightly integrated with the core form/request APIs.
- Provides database abstraction that prevents any database injection attacks and input validation that prevents script injection attacks.
- User authentication can be tied to external systems such as student management systems or other databases such as their Student ID number.
Administrators are able to customise Mahara via a number of configuration settings which include:
- Language packages and themes
- Virus protocol
- Session and account lifetimes
- Authentication methods
- Institution setup
- Core page editor
- Main Menu editor
Mahara offers a high degree of standard compliance as well as interoperability between the systems and tech norms:
- Mahara includes an Import/Export system with Leap2A suport, and static HTML export.
- Users can place their views under any of the Creative Commons licenses.
- Mahara is built using PHP web scripting language and leverages PHP5's OO features.
- All plug-ins follow a consistent structure and inherit from a common base class (core functions of plug-ins are implemented once)
- Mahara currently supports plug-ins for Artefacts, Authentication and Search. Therefore interoperating with an existing product simply requires the development of a plug-in.
Mahara has been designed as a web application with a plug-in architecture. This means it is possible to scale the application up by separating hardware for search, database, file storage and web servers. In addition Mahara is designed to:
- Be load balanced across several web servers
- Capable of sharing file data from a centralised server
- Separate database server from where the files are hosted.
For more information on how a Mahara install will benefit your organization or if you wish to get a hassle free quote for any of our Mahara Services please don´t hesitate to contact email@example.com
or call +1 800 513 5902